Twista – The Perfect Storm [Snippets + Final Tracklist]

| October 14, 2010 | 22 Comments

For those who’ve been waiting MONTHS for a taste of what The Perfect Storm sounds like (remember I did my first preview back in June), we finally have some snippets for you.  In addition to said snippets, I also have the two separate and final tracklistings for you – both Best Buy and iTunes/Amazon have separate lineups.  The Best Buy physical version is bigger and bulkier containing 16 tracks.  Talk about incentive to get your ass out to the store.

Hit the jump for both tracklists and album snippets.  I’m not gonna lie…”Darkness” already has me on 10.

Click HERE for snippets. [Listen]

11. 3 minute murder
12. Kitty kitty
13. go

1. Draft Pick says:

Yea Buddy!!!

2. draft pick says:

drew the 2 links r the same? and twista told me on twitter that diddy was on the album ??

3. Chiefj4 says:

Yawn! Twista is the 2010 Bow Wow… hate to say it, but i’m not even buying this shit from the Flea Market, not even burning it, even if it’s free. From what I heard, this is more of a mixtape feel than a full body of work with continuity. That Dawreck track is cool, but honestly dude aint sayin shit, and the shit he said, he said it in like 3 different ways in each bar, I get it, you’ll beat a muthafucka up. Comparing Twista to Twista, This is a huge disappointment to Chicago, sad to say.

West Side

4. fatboi says:

Dawreck made the album huh………dope.

5. jamal says:

Twista need ta cut it out he scream all dis gmg shit but nun of his artist r on the album good thing I heard liffy stokes skooda or mellow don’t fuck wit him nomore he’ll neva let u shine jus like when he sabotaged bump j shit fuck dude goon squad free chief

6. THA TRUTH says:

TWISTA HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED HIS CAREER WITH THIS ALBUM. TRAXSTER IS STILL RECYCLING BEATS FROM 96. SIT YOU OLD ASSES DOWN AND PUT SOMEONE ELSE ON. STOP BEING GREEDY YOU WACK FUCKS!

7. D.M.A. says:

Definitely glad 2 hear these…

Out of da 11 snips I think i only dislike da joint wit wacka,but idk it may grow on me.Darkness/Sweating/Back 2 basics sound like vintage Twista/Traxster imo.Up 2 speed sounds like its gon sum serious…

Idk its hard 2 tell from 30sec but so far so good and da tracklist is pleasing.I can easily burn a copy wit all da songs 2gether or jus throw on da ipod.Either way 16-18 is better than 11

8. artistman999 (Ivo) says:

I agree he could have done much better but the album really isn’t that bad… CHI-Town support…out of 5 stars I rate 3 1/2… (Shameless Plug) We got tracks follow me on twitter @artistman999 and @Step7501 #EngleWood

9. FROST says:

THA TRUTH IS THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK HATER! SHUT YO ASS UP AND FIND YOU SOME BUSINESS. TWISTA IS A CHI TOWN LEGEND WITH THIS RAP SHIT. YOU MUST BE ANOTHER DISGRUNTLED RAPPER. TWISTA GO HARD AND THAT MOVIE JOINT WITH CHRIS BROWN IS NUMBER ONE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SO HE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. IM GETTING MY COPY AS SOON AS IT DROP. CHITOWN STAND UP

10. FROST says:

*FAKESHORE DRIVE HATER TOO*

11. Tone says:

You salty ass GMG niggas need to stay off of FSD post with Twista. All you do is come on here and hate. Any hating ass comments on Twista posts are from you cry baby ass lames. You need to learn how this label shit work. Just because a nigga sign you don’t mean your album suppose to drop soon. You have to play your position until its your time. And You niggas, including Skooda ain’t ready to drop anyway. You niggas need some major artist development. You’re not ready to drop at all. You can tell by them mixtapes

12. Twista Best Rapper Alive says:

OMG Dawreck track is fuckin siiiiiiiick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back 2 basics fuckin sick up 2 speed sick cant wait til this shit drops
    cocaine track sounds like garbage lmfao

13. A.M. says:

Sounds pretty dope to me. Out of these 11 I dislike 2 tracks but its only snippets plus im buying the best buy version with 16 songs he sounds like he finally went back to making vintage Twista music which is what I ahve been crying for since 4ever. And by the way Twista stop saying Matrix all the time. Overall dope shit.

14. nikki says:

twista is a follower he waits to c whats hot then thats what hes doin i heard of rappers recyclin other rappers rhymes but he recycles his own shit all the time twista played out an he dont support the crib thats why the crib dont support him an im not a rapper im jus speakin truth

15. mr k-town says:

i bet he dont sell more than 12 thousand cds the first week p.s he need ta check his bitch while he makin all these pimp songs wit his lame ass

16. Souf Sider says:

Oh no I am not liking this at all :(

17. THE REAL MR. K TOWN says:

TWISTA A GOD IN THESE STREETS. HE BRINGING THAT FIRE BACK.
    AND FUCK ALL THE HATING ASS COMMENTS, I GUARANTEE YOU
    ANY SALTY COMMENTS ARE FROM MAD RAPPERS. WITH THAT CHRIS
    BROWN COLLAB GETTING MAJOR ROTATION HE GONNA MOVE GOOD
    NUMBERS WITH THIS ONE.

ANYBODY THAT HATES BELOW ME CAN SUCK A DICK BECAUSE IM NOT REPLYING AFTER THIS.

18. Loyola University student says:

Check out LEP on 106th and Park. They’re judging freestyle Friday right now.
    Even if they don’t make it that far in there music careers, these guys are still
    accomplishing a lot more than other Chicago rappers. In plus I’d rather see
    them doing this than standing on the corners or sitting in jail. I could care
    less if you think there garbage or not because them trying to rap just may
    save there lives. Its to many black men dying on these streets. So I’d rather
    them attempt to feed themselves with this rather than pushing weight.

19. Big Chucker says:

This shit is sounding pretty hot to me! I don’t know if u like the Hands up shit but or the cocaine joint but everything else is boss especially that up to speed and darkness joint. getting that best buy official copy for sure!

20. CT says:

That “Bad Girl” joint w/ Lloyd leaked back in March. Surprised to didn’t post that andrew. . .

21. [Drkr]IMG says:

Sounds good just too short

22. Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.