Archive for July, 2011
Shot & Chopped by Zae
Follow in the footsteps of Rashawnna Guy for a full 24. Meet & greets, shows, douching, KY Jelly and more!
Produced by Arlo of the Trailblazerz MPC
DDot got his hands on the WTT full tracklist and production lineup. The project is set to feature production from Kanye, Q-Tip, The RZA, Swizz Beatz, Mike Dean, The Neptunes and more. No I.D. and Pete Rock will be featured on the deluxe version. Now, about that release date…
1. No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean (Prod. By Kanye West, Mike Dean & Ken Lewis)
2. Lift Off feat. Beyoncé (Prod. By Kanye West, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker, Q-Tip & Don Jazzy) (Add Vocals. By Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli and Ricardo Louis)
3. Niggas In Paris (Produced by Hit-Boy)
4. Otis feat. Otis Redding (Produced by Kanye West)
5. Gotta Have It (Produced by The Neptunes)
6. New Day (Produced by The RZA)
7. That’s My Bitch (Produced by Q-Tip & Kanye West)
8. Who Gon Stop Me (Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph & Kanye West)
9. Murder To Excellence (Produced by Swizz Beatz & S1)
10. Welcome To The Jungle (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
11. Made In America feat. Frank Ocean (Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph) [previously Sweet Baby Jesus]
12. Why I Love You feat. Mr Hudson (Produced by Mike Dean & Kanye West)
Hit the jump for the deluxe tracklist and detailed production credits…
Produced by Frank Dukes
I’m happy to present to you the world premiere of the long awaited and highly anticipated collaboration from the Bogus Boys and Mobb Deep. These two factions have been compared ad nauseam lately, so it’s only right that they hooked up for “Gangtaz Only.” Lames need not apply. Video on the way.
Now or Neva coming soon. I heard a few records last night, and all I can say is expect big things from this project.
Yesterday, 107.5 WGCI held their annual Car & Bike Show in Chicago. The Low End Professionals, Yo Gotti, Ace Hood, Bo Deal and Crucial Conflict all showed up to take part in the event, which was hosted by The Morning Riot’s Leon Rogers.
The artist formerly known as Novakane comes through with his own version of Frank Ocean’s “Novacane”, which happens to be titled “Novakane”. Confused yet? If not, be sure to check out ‘Kane alongside Agacee, Chris Cap, YP and a few others at Reggie’s tonight. Need tickets? Grab ‘em here.
Video courtesy of K.K. & Dan Garcia
With the live footage beginning to pour in, here we have an injured Tyler hobbling to the stage on crutches with a broken foot to kick off Odd Future’s performance at the 2011 Pitchfork Music Fest. Out of all acts I watched over the weekend, Odd Future was by far the biggest draw. Free Earl shirts? Check. Kids in Supreme snapbacks? Check. Upside down crosses on the forehead? Of course. It was truly a site to see.
I had no idea Tyler was injured, but apparently he broke his foot a few weeks ago. It didn’t seem to matter to the OFWGKTA frontman, as he performed on a stool and hobbled around on one leg throughout the set. And before the group finished up, they destroyed the stool and other objects onstage.
Tyler crowdsurfing in a cast below…
As I mentioned earlier today, Odd Future had their share of controversy over the weekend as a handful of Chicago advocacy groups didn’t appreciate their music and message coming to the Pitchfork Music Festival. Being the upstanding citizens that they are, OFWGKTA surprised their protesters with a box of cupcakes. What a nice treat on Chicago’s hottest day of the year. All’s well that ends well.