Mixtape: DJ V-Dub – The Twitter Tape 1.6

| November 26, 2012 | 29 Comments

I always enjoyed this series and thought it was a dope concept, and after a long hiatus, DJ V-Dub returns with his The Twitter Tape project. Fresh off his big win for Midwest Mixtape DJ Of The Year at the Global Spin Awards, V-Dub drops off 1.6 of his Twitter Tape series.

The concept is rather simple: V-Dub takes records he likes from Chicago artists that aren’t getting enough exposure and compiles them together on one mixtape. No payola, no politics, just good music. This one includes 12 tracks you need to know about. Hit the jump to hear what he put together.

DJ V-Dub – The Twitter Tape 1.6

1. Word up to my nig Charlie Hustle for having a slammin joint on V Dub’s latest mixtape!

Messenger Neef!

2. Kp Montana says:

Big Shoutout To @DJVDUB For Supporting My Hit Single (SHE GOIN) #SALUTE

3. @BlancoCGE says:

V-Dub one a the realist DJs in Chicago w some of the hardest mixtapes out #NationBizness.. We rockin w you foo apreciate the support 100 #CashGang

4. Tay Devito says:

Whole mixtape is Nuts you heard it from Tay Devito I’m stamping V-Dub

5. charlie hustle says:

Gratitude for the placement. The streets recognize what djs real.. s/o vdub!!

6. Forensick says:

#A4S in the building EVERYBODY ROCKING WITH IT!!!! S/O my bro Charlie Hustle and Dj V-Dub for rocking with the movement. #A4S

7. Anton Deshawn says:

Smh…….People still sleepin on Charlie Hustle. I see VDub see the greatness. The kid damn near got the total package when it comes to music. Not a diss to others but its a great thing he doesnt sound like the typical chicago rapper.

8. deeder says:

Letz Geddit!!!!!

9. Chrissy says:

S/O to one of the BEST Djs in Chicago! Thank you for support our Chicago Artists! This mixtape is Bananas!

10. Chrissy says:

S/O to @DJVDUB one of the BEST Djs in Chicago! Thank you for support our Chicago Artists! This mixtape is Bananas!

11. swagga says:

phat s/o @djvdub fa not givin me or my camp barz”r”us a deaf ear….if yall slept on my last mxtp dj vdub hosted of mines #wakeup…go to datpiff.com & search/keyword (swagga talk)

12. Chocolate says:

One the the only DJ’s that support Chicago Artists – S/O to DJ V-Dub – Get up the good work and keep those mixtape coming

13. Chocolate says:

I am so sorry for the typo – repost**** One of the only DJs that support Chicago Artists – S/O to DJ V-Dub – Keep up the good work and keep those mixtapes coming

14. sweetdimplez10 says:

The Mixtapebully always looking out for Chi Town. Who else does it like he does,NOBODYYY!!! Lol. Keep supporting and showing love to these artists.

15. BBC says:

S/o To DjV-Dub Best Dj in Chicago, Amazing Mixtape..Keep Doing what you doing…

16. TiaNichelle says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh V-DUB this Mixtape is Stuuuuuuupid, Absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Proud of you Boo!!!!

17. J-RIGGG says:

#A4S On A V-Dub Mixtape Can Only Mean One Thing…GREATNESS!!! S/O To My Bro Charlie Hustle!!! #A4S

18. @GUDDAHGIRL says:

DJ VDUB IS THE MAYOR OF MUSIC IN OUR CITY…JUST LIKE ANDREW…LETS CONTINUE TO SUPPORT OUT CITY…SUPPORT ME AND FOLLOW @GUDDAHGIRL #FEMALE #PRODUCER #RAPPER #ENGINEER #GRAPHICDESIGNER #DIRECTOR #LOVE CONGRADS TO THE ARTIST THAT MADE THE TAPE LETS WORK!!!!

19. S/O TO THE MIXTAPE MONSTER @DJVDUBB FOR SUPPORTING MISTER MAG AND TEAM FTY!! SEARCH #FRIDAYAFTERCLASS ON DATPIFF!

20. Flash says:

S/o my nigga eazy. Track 5. Overall nice ass tape.

21. Enigma06 says:

The mixtape is D.O.P.E. The joint wit Charlie Hustle goes hard. Don’t sleep on the kid! True talent! #salute

22. wendyciti says:

Big upz @djvdub I like how he ain’t got 37 songs on it…(rok wit me) #7 @iamwendyciti be on da lookout for my new video (paid my dues) coming soon ft swagga @talkofchicago starring lanipop dir by shank Robinson

23. JSicc says:

S/O @GuddahGirl, u got a real message in that song shawty, great way to end mixtape

24. S/O DJ V DUB!!!! I LOVE THAT “PLAY EM TO THE LEFT” MISTER MAG GO STUPID HAAARRD! #MISTERMAG #FRIDAYAFTERCLASS

25. lil xo says:

Salute to dj Vdub for grabbing da dopest underated talent..#1 #7 & 10 bang off #notalking

26. BIMPGOD says:

GOTTA THANK VDUB FOR THAT NUMBER “5″ PLACEMENT ON THIS TWITTER TAPE 1.6
    ITS ME JB DA BIMGOD BIMPSQUAD TCO … LOVE ALL THE TALENT IN THE CHI AND ON THIS TAPE…

S/O NATION BIDNESS TOO

ROCK WITH ME AND MY SQUAD
    (TWITTER)
    @EAZYDOESITAGAIN
    @ONEDERMANIA
    @GINOEAST
    @UKNOWHOWIBE

27. Any many miney Moe eat a waffle know u know #7 stop playing..& u hearing Dat from eggo da mf waffle man