We hear this question a lot at US Hemp Wholesale. The CBD industry has been booming for more than half a decade and every day it attracts new entrepreneurs and businesspeople. The problem is, most people don’t know how they can get their foot in the door.
At US Hemp Wholesale, we are CBD distributors that help people like you add CBD products to their own store. Whether you run a retail store, have your own chiropractic or acupuncture practice, or you help people improve their health through personal training or physical therapy, we can put the right CBD products in your hands. This is the best smell proof weed container.
This article outlines the basics of how to become a CBD distributor. But keep in mind there is no one-size solution, because every situation is unique. That’s why we’ve chosen to outline many of the most popular ways that CBD distributors get started, so that you can make the right choice for you, your business, and your customers.
Getting Started as a CBD Distributor
There has never been a better time to get started in the CBD business! The industry continues to grow at an unprecedented pace, giving business owners even more options on how to break into the industry.
Most CBD distributors provide up to three different methods of distribution to their customers. These methods include dropshipping, wholesale and resale. We’ve outlined the basics of each method to help you decide which might work best for you.
- Dropshipping – Dropshippers have CBD distributors handle the shipping of the CBD products to their customers, cutting down on internal costs. Dropshipping is primarily used by online retailers who wish to avoid the cost of having their own warehouse space.
- Wholesale (Personal Retail) – Many CBD distributors provide products to their customers at a wholesale price to sell at their own stores. Some take this even further with white label or private label options. These options let retailers re-brand products with their own branding (white label) or help them create a unique product using the distributor’s hemp-derived CBD manufacturing knowledge (private label).
- Third-Party Distribution – Third-party distributors purchase products from distributors at margins significantly below wholesale and sell the products to locations like convenience stores, large retail chains such as CVS and Walgreens, and more.
Continue reading to learn how to become a retail partner with US Hemp Wholesale. Click “Get Started” to get in on the lucrative CBD business today!
How to Be a Successful CBD Oil Distributor
If you are aiming to become a CBD oil distributor, you should keep several traits in mind. Here are the five most important factors that a wholesale CBD distributor should possess.
- Responsiveness: The best distributors are eager to share their expertise and products with new clients. Those who are slow to respond to inquiries will likely be slow to respond when it matters most.
- Good Pricing: When becoming a CBD distributor, make sure to compare your pricing structure to other distributors to ensure you remain competitive.
- Attention to Detail: This is especially important in the world of CBD. There are still plenty of rules and regulations surrounding this substance. A distributor who prides themselves on their attention to detail will help keep themselves and their customers safe from any legal consequences.
- Authoritative Content: Wholesalers exist at the intersection of consumer sales and manufacturing. Because of this unique position, they have a deep understanding of both sides of the supply chain. The best distributors communicate through blogs, newsletters and social posts to ensure that their clients are well informed.
- Honesty: Everyone deserves to work with a reputable, trustworthy wholesaler. Ensure that you are an honest and knowledgeable wholesaler by plainly explaining your business practices in your introductory email.
Your Benefits as a Distributor Partner
Perhaps you’ve considered becoming a CBD distributor, but as you do research you find yourself leaning more toward working with a distributor in order to obtain CBD products for a retail operation. If that’s the case, then US Hemp Wholesale offers high-quality products and order processing efficiencies that make selling CBD products easy.
- Custom Private Labeling – Creating your own line of custom CBD oils is easy with our private labeling service. We take care of the product manufacturing process and then we add your branding to it, making it all your own.
- CBD Manufacturing – Create your own custom private label product or formula to be sold in your retail store as an exclusive product offering.
- Third-Party Lab Testing – When you sell our products, you can ensure that all products are of the highest quality and potency. We have the purity of our CBD products tested by both third-party labs and our own labs. If you’d like, we’ll happily provide certificates of analysis (COA) for any of our products.
- Product Selection – As the leading hemp wholesaler, we offer the most comprehensive range of CBD oils, tinctures, edibles, and more. No matter your customer base, one of our products is sure to fit your customers’ needs.
- Fulfillment Services – To make things even simpler, you can even have your product orders fulfilled by US Hemp Wholesale. We will warehouse, pack, and ship your orders. This saves you the costs of having your own warehouse and warehouse personnel. To keep you in the loop, we send you a tracking number with each order.
- Knowledgeable Customer Service Representatives – Our representatives are available Monday through Friday from 9 am until 5 pm Eastern time to help answer any questions you may have. Our team closely monitors industry changes to be prepared for any questions you may ask.
Frequently Asked Questions – CBD Oil Distribution
How do I determine which CBD products to carry?
We recommend that you fully outline your target customer profile. Once you have locked down your target market, you should be able to determine which products will work best for your customer base. Here are some examples to help you get started:
- Spas and salons – Skincare products such as topicals are a good option for this type of market. They may also be interested in carrying the different CBD salves that we offer.
- Fitness studios – Typically, these people are looking for quick, on the go style products such as capsules, gummies, and even cocoas to get a post-workout sugar boost.
- Doctor’s offices, chiropractors, and more – These offices are the most versatile and will usually want to carry tinctures of varying potencies along with capsules, gummies, and softgels.
What are some tips on how to make my business stand out from the rest?
Having been in the CBD industry from the beginning, we have learned a lot about the industry. But our main takeaway has been that the demand for CBD products and what we know about hemp-derived products is constantly changing.
Here are some of our recommendations on how to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Educate Yourself: Being educated about products, industry regulations, and more equips you to answer your customers’ questions and make them feel at ease. The more you know, the more comfortable customers will feel purchasing from you. At US Hemp Wholesale we have a wide variety of resources designed to help you stay up to date with the industry.
- Understand Your Target Market: In the hemp industry, it is more important than ever for you to decide exactly who you want to sell to. When making this choice, be as specific as possible. Once you have figured that out, make sure you understand what makes that target market tick. Are they looking for products that make them feel healthy and rejuvenated? Is ease and quick on-the-go products something they prioritize? Are they young, middle-aged, older, or primarily male or female? All of these questions, along with other demographic info, will help determine what products to sell and how to approach the sale.
- Be Prepared with a Quality Product: Consumers are smart and very curious. Most consumers now want to know every ingredient in anything they ingest. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance to make all of that information easily accessible. You also need a Certificate of Analysis (COA) available to back up the product information. Working with US Hemp Wholesale, you receive access to all of the COAs for each product we provide. These COAs are updated with new batch produced.
Show Comments (0)