Rockie Fresh Signs To MMG

| July 12, 2012 | 14 Comments

What’s been rumored for months is now a reality, as in the wee hours of the morning, Rockie Fresh became an official member of Ricky Rozay’s MMG family. The Chicago rapper inked on the dotted line just a few hours ago.

More pics of Rockie’s chaining day below. Congrats Mr. Fresh!

1. LowChi says:

That’s Dope! Congratulations…

2. Kenlo Key says:

much respect. chicgo time to shine.good move

3. anonymous says:

AYE YALL CHECK OUT THIS NIGGA NAMED KENBEN ON YOUTUBE HE GOT THAT SHIT

4. Uncle Elroy says:

Happy to see an actual artist from the chi get a chance to put on & showcase “its not a drill” lol, congrats to Rockie

5. Love says:

Much love to a real Chicago artist! Rockie Fresh! Dope!

6. Fucken dope.

Clap 4 em…

7. dip says:

what the fuck is an ‘actual artist’? get outa here with that bullshit

8. Nicholas Batts says:

may i say a few things…*ahem*

1. Rockie is a cool kid, really laid back dude when I met him. I truly wish him the best and lpeezy who was also really quiet cool dude when i met him even hustle simmons who although is a douchebag I would never wish ill on anyone, so good luck to him too.

2. However, Can we be honest? As a chicagoan i am proud he reps the city well but as a fan of music and MMG im just confused. He really doesnt “fit” in and i dont see how he lyrically stacks up against his peers. granted he is only 21 and has room to grow this seems like a Ross really just wanted a piece of Chicago with the rest of industry. Everything just seems so forced and unnatural. Wale grinded for years and he even had Mark Ronson behind him, Meek, Stalley with BluRoc built a very nice buzz. So excuse me if it seems “manufactured” but its a meh move. just my 2 cents no hate. i hope he sells a million records and becomes an Icon.

- Nicholas

• we winning says:

I like Rockie tho alot, but I have to agree with you a little here…I don’t understand how people like Mikkey, MicTerror, Chance The Rapper, Kids These Days and etc have not been snatched up asap. I find that mind boggling!! Rockie Fresh is a good selection, but some of these guys above are NO BRAINERS!!

9. dip says:

that’s why it’s funny seeing people hate on drill rap by saying ‘actual artist’ because without chief keef this ‘actual artist’ probably would not be seeing a deal

• CB says:

yeah Man, i aint a big fan of chief keef but him and l.e.p . are the main reason why people are looking at chicago.

10. Chief Keef most lyrical rapper says:

Chief keef made Chicago Hip Hop.If you think other wise you are ignorant… Rockie is never going to reach music perfection like Keef.Keef is raps are pure greatness. That being said I hope the best for Rockie.

• Keefs Teef says:

How many albums have either of them sold? Oh they dont have an album out yet? Then, shut the entire fuck up.