Major Shake-ups at WGCI & Power 92


The Chicago radio shake-ups continue — and this time there’s major changes at both WGCI and Power 92. All Access is reporting Loni Swain and UB Rodriguez are exiting WGCI, and will be replaced with Frankie Robinson and Tone Kapone from Power 92.

ALL ACCESS has confirmed that iHEARTMEDIA Urban WGCI (107.5)/CHICAGO has made changes to its lineup. Midday personality LONI SWAIN and PM driver UB RODRIGUEZ have both exited.
Now for the rest of the story, as ‘GCI has raided crosstown rival CRAWFORD BROADCASTING Urban WPWX (POWER 92) to replace SWAIN and RODRIGUEZ. FRANKIE ROBINSON moves to ‘GCI for middays and TONE KAPONE will slide over for afternoons.

GRAY COMMUNICATIONS Consultant TONY GRAY told ALL ACCESS, “We wish both FRANKIE and TONE the very best. They were great employees. PD JAY ALAN and the POWER 92 crew will continue to give CHICAGO’s Hip-Hop community the very best. These changes will give us the opportunity to introduce fresh new talent to CHICAGO.”

Andrew Barber 0


Video: Chance The Rapper Talks New Single, Ferguson Verdict on The Morning Riot

Back in town for Thanksgiving, Chano dropped by 107.5 WGCI’s Tony Sco & The Morning Riot to chat with the crew about a number of topics. Their conversation consists of Chance’s new single with Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment (check out “Sunday Candy” here), the Ferguson verdict and aftermath, as well as Chance’s hopes to work with Kirk Franklin.

Check it out above.

Andrew Barber 0


Video: Twone Gabz Talks Battling Cancer On WGCI Morning Riot

Chicago vet, Twone Gabz, who is now going as Antwone Muhammad, dropped by WGCI’s Tony Sco & The Morning Riot to have a serious talk about his ongoing battle with breast cancer. Thankfully Twone’s treatment has been successful and his recovery is positive, so now he’s on the path to spread the message and let people know of his struggle. We’re glad to hear Twone is better. We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again: #FuckCancer.

Andrew Barber 0


Chicago Journalist Says Chief Keef Accuser Not In Middle School As TMZ Reported


Earlier this week, TMZ reported that Chief Keef was being sued for child support by a female that’s still in middle school. The story made waves across the internet, but Mark Konkol, journalist at Chicago’s DNAInfo (which has broke a good deal of Keef stories recently) claims the woman in question is actually 17 years-old.

Mark Konkol was a guest this morning on 107.5 WGCI’s The Morning Riot, where he discussed this topic, as well as Keef’s most recent trial, which he followed closely and attended daily. He also talks about Keef’s reported $6 million dollar deal, which Konkol broke down a few days ago. An interesting listen to say the least.

Andrew Barber 1