Taste of Chicago Showcase – Austin, TX – March 19th

| March 10, 2011 | 78 Comments

Fake Shore Drive + Go Ill Radio + Enstrumental + PHLI + Sir & Madame + Leaders + Hustle Simmons + Elephilms bring you the first ever Chicago showcase during SXSW week, by taking the Taste of Chicago down to Austin, TX.

We won’t have booths of food, but we will have booths of clothes from Chicago’s finest homegrown brands, all while taking in the music from Chicago’s favorite talents.  Grey Goose is hosting the bar, so you won’t need any drink tickets.  Please come celebrate with us on Saturday March 19th, at Light Bar (408 Congress Ave.) from 1pm-3am to see how we do it in the ‘Go.  Click on the above flyer for details on performances and DJs who’ll spinning throughout the event.  No RSVP or badges are required for entrance, so come one, come all.

We also have some very special guests scheduled to perform, so stay tuned for more details.

Taste of Chicago Showcase
Light Bar
408 Congress Ave.
Austin, TX
Saturday March 19th, 2011

1. Neiman Marcash says:

I Respect all the rappers on this Line up But…….

I Will Battle anyone of you live on Ustream to Take your spot. Mic Terror you may be the best rapper in Chicago So I will take you on first. GlC Where you at I want a shot at the church.

Hit me up on Twittter
    @NeimanMarCash1 holllleration

• P says:

FIRST…”ANYONE” is a pronoun.. The one-word form anyone is used to mean “any person.” The two-word form any one is used to mean “whatever one (person or thing) of a group.” Seeing as you don’t even have your grammar together why would somebody battle you??? Besides..AS YOU SEE..The Flyer has been set and promoted publicly…SOOOOO why would they change it for a Mr. Mark-ass…or cash or whatever…You still should come out and support…SEE YOU IN AUSTIN!!

• Neiman Marcash says:

It sounds like you have just challenged me. I graciously except. Anyone else want to tango with the king. P meeet me at the harold Warshington Library at 4pm on the 5th floor near the water fountain.

2. Joe Lean says:

Lame-O. Everything about your comment screams failure.

See you at SXSW FSD.

3. um? says:

appetizers,entrees,desserts…
    wow

4. SC says:

hey rappers… industry rule # 4080,…….you dummies(chicago rappers) fill in the rest….not to be negative,but whats the purpose of this event,and for all you rappers who paid to go and owe me money….are you fucking serious?!!!??!

5. Okkkkkk….not to be negative SC but the purpose of this event is to ALLOW CHICAGO ARTIST TO SHOWCASE THEIR TALENTS AT ONE OF THE BIGGEST ANNUAL MUSIC FESTIVALS OUT(Last year Whiz Khalifa did SxSW, and nobody knew who the hell he was). Chicago rappers are always complaining about how they do not get any “shows” here in the city, let alone get shows “out of state” so here ya go! AND If i owed u money and had the chance to perform in Austin, TX for thousands of people to help energize my buzz i don’t think you would be getting your money…I mean are you fucking serious??

• SC says:

not into internet wars..so call me personally with your views sucka! 773 699 6837

• T-Y Green says:

Thats the type of sucka shit that causes niggas to get the shit knocked off! Im glad Im not SC & u owe me money saying some ol goof ass slick shit like that! I’d come to Texas & rock yo clownass then do it again back here at the crib! S/O 2 the homie SC for being a g about it!

6. SC says:

im sorry im not trying to offend my brothers grindin’ out there..just the pricks capitalizing off of it.

• T-Y Green says:

Fuck that & fuck them my nig! U aint gotta apologize for shit! business is business bc if the shoe was on the other foot niggas would be feeling the same way! But dont trip they’ll need u before u need them B!

7. DG says:

Did first dude not read the line up correctly…let’s see him battle juice

8. Neiman Marcash says:

I will Battle Juice he only uses writtens. How bout you Dirk Gigler you want to battle? meet me at chuck e cheese of 79th by the bouncy balls at 3pm tomorrow.

9. ILL Brown says:

I agree with SC too many artist with bad business practices! If you owe the man pay up! Your reputation WILL follow you! I do think that’s a good showcase tho!

10. DG says:

Only uses writtens? Do your research goofy.

Anyways, insane lineup! I can’t wait.

11. Pig Dick Jones.. says:

Fuck all u vagabond ass niggas. Ain’t nobody fuckin wit Pig Dick Jones on this music shit, so shut da fuck up bitches. Now Kneeman Markass (get u sum knee pads schmuck), don’t nobody wanna battle yo doofy goofy ass clown. Who in da fuck is gonna meet u at chuck e cheese nigga, besides sum lil’ orphans. Wait nigga, are u pedophilin’? And fuck Andrew wit his Jake Busey lookin ass. I saw ya daddy on celebrity apprentice bitch made ass nigga. I’ll be Austin wit Team Pig Dick Jones 200 deep.

• Neiman Marcash says:

Do You research on Me I’m so damn Glamorous fool. PD Jones I beat you in a freestyle at Rock’nRoll McDonalds in the drive through lane. So tell everyone the truth. DG stop dick ridin me I only battle people that don’t use writtens.

Check my video we had a budget of 1 million dollars and Hype Williams Cousin Directed.

• Andrew says:

LOL @ calling me Jake Busey. I typically get Anthony Michael Hall. That’s good…

12. Joe Lean says:

This is intense.

13. A Chicago Resident says:

Latino rappers are corny. Neiman is an example. SN: stop using that daddy yankee horn.

14. Black says:

SC ain’t nobody payin’ yo crackhead ass…If you weren’t into internet wars y did you make that comment on the internet instead of calling them directly. U posted yo #, don’t you have theirs??? U a clown…Name names if u wanna diss, if not shut the fuck up.

15. Pig Dick Jones.. says:

Fuck u Kneeman Carcas, I dont fuck wit Mcdonalds dick head. When I see u in Austin,Tx i’m gonna make u respect this Pig Gang nigga.. U Moo & Oink ass muthafucka. U dont have a way 2 texas so u betta start walkin now if u wanna make it there by da 19th u chicken milk drinking faggot. What’s in ya wife mouth when she yarns¿ Pig Dick Jones!!!!!!!

• Marcash Militia says:

The Marcash Militia will Break battle and freestyle battle The whole Pig Nose posse crew in Austin. Meet us in front of the Univesity of Texas Union in the back by the slurpee machine. we will prove we are worthy of being on The FakeShoreDrives. We have paid mad dues and respect to the game. We will be on a private jet with the homies see you there fooo.

16. Blingstein says:

wow. really? all this talk of ‘meet me at the bike racks during recess’ is elementary school childish…come on yo grow up.

this event is going to be a blast! congrats to Andrew/FSD, Hustle, Twone, M$M, Mac, Nikki, GLC, Cool Kids, Holt, Timbuck2, Vic, Mikkey, Coresh, DOE….everyone and anyone involved! cheers!

much love and respect to chicago in austin!

keep moving forward!

17. Pig Dick Jones.. says:

Fuck u mingstein, stay outta grown folks business bitch. U will honor da Pig mutha-fucka or else. Big up all da chicago rappers like da Legend J.D. Walker, Delle Del and them Black Mob niggas, Fritos and my nigga Lay, Krash Man, J. G., my nigga Fast Eddie house shoe ass, SoundMaster T and them 2 much booty in da pants ass bitches.

18. Mark.Web says:

Dope ass line-up! Congrats on the FSD SXSW spot Drew and all the artists showcased .. Doin it big for the Chi!

19. jay ross says:

these niggas just killed that goodie mob shit !!!!!!

20. Aaay says:

Big up to all da real hedz keepin this chicago thang poppin. Big J, Uncle cooter, Old Stanky arm jenkins, Raw nipple williamson, Lil Niecey Kunatay

21. MIC TERROR says:

hahahahhaha! @ Jake BUSEY… and PIG DICK JONES….ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Neiman Marcash says:

Mic Terror I been lookin for you all day dawg. I want to freestyle battle you for the #1 spot in chicago. I am on my way out to Riveside right now. don’t bring any writtens. I heard that you have ben ghostwritng for Black Rob and I respect that. I will be at Arbys in the back with my crew. I have a camera man with me to document this monumental battle.

I’m gonna hitcho with a line Like: I am glamorous like clam sauce and heavy like d come to arby if you wan test me.

Maybe afterwards after we do this freestyle shit we can chill and I can get a cut from your barber because your style is tight G.

Peace see you at the arbys.

• Kill faggot rappers says:

Your such a puerto rican faggot. I never respond to these kind of things, but I just saw your low budget video. Is your mom a maid at the hotel where you filmed that? Did she let you take a bubble bath with your rent money while she cleaned the sheets? With your fuckin homo sexual ceasar haircut and fake jewelry. Don’t ever diss Juice you faggot. You can get touched you little bitch. Boys town is a small neighbor hood I’m sure you won’t be hard to spot. Trying to ball in that old Nissan. You look like Daddy Yankee and John Leguizamos love child. Keep real rappers names out your mouth or you will find your self in a wheel chair at the next gay pride parade. Bitches get stitches remember that. Punk Bitch!

22. Pig Dick Jones.. says:

Aye Neiman a.k.a. Kneeman, your lyrics are Wacker than that street downtown Chicago nigga. I made some calls too my Pig Dicks niggas up North and found out u from Evanston. And I heard u a part time janitor at Family Dollar and u moonlight as a undercover Guardian Angel at night on da red line train. I’m not fuckin wit u no mo’ nigga. I don’t battle janitors and wanna be cops in red berets nigga. Fuck u,.and tell ya wife u can’t suck this Pig Dick no mo’,.so lose my muthafuckin number… JONES!!!!!! Peace 2 Mic Terror

23. yall niggas is funny!!! lol @ moonlight as a guardian angel on da redline?!?!
    this is truly gone big for underground chi hiphop! lets go chi!!!!

——————————————————————————
    Babyface Monster-Chicago Hip-hop
    be a fan | http://Babyfacemonster.blogspot.com |

24. broski says:

Wiz was buzzing before sxsw for the record and how corney is paying to get on a show I know y’all paid cause Andrew ain’t doing. Shit to u niggas for free while y’all thinking he God’s gift to the Chicago music scene.

Paying for a plane ticket 500
    Paying for a decent hotel 650
    Paying Andrew to perform 1000
    Coming back to Chicago broke with the same buzz. And waking yo Momma up to get back in the house PRICELESS

Bum ass Chicago rap niggas get a job and pay SC for his tracks

• Andrew says:

Actually, I put up bread out of my own pockets to put this show on. As did everyone else that’s listed as a sponsor. I can’t wait to see the showcase you put on “broski”. I’ll wait.

25. SC is the best says:

SC is a good dude. You give these half talented ass impersonatoer rappers your sellable records that you could feed your family on and this is how they repay you. The last producer this happened to ended up being…well you know …Karma is the Universal teacher. Guess some who tach just dont learn , eh?….Let them clowns spend there income tax $ while we fly the oter direction so get the check and notierty they are chasing. THere clowns with no make up on.

btw-SLY is the most genuine rapper on that lame line-up

26. jseyf says:

For the record, this showcase is sponsored by the parties whose logos appear on the flyer, no artists paid to have a slot.

27. fukouttahere says:

this is exactly why nobody fucks with us as a city, this is’nt even a official sxsw event, key words at the top “CHICAGO SHOWCASE DURING SXSW WEEK” anybody can rent out a bar and have some acts perform. We stay doing corny shit and act like its huge…..

28. broski says:

Bump ain’t have to fly nowhere and do no goofy ass showcase in austin texas to get heard???wtf!!!!! The labels came to him cause he was dat good. The majority of the acts listed are not that good period…no hate intended this is truth. These chicago rappers so thirsty to get on and get some they still paying for slots how bout getting some paid shows you 30 plus year old wannabee rappers the shit is pathetic. And andrew while u on here trying to put me on the spot look its 2011 don’t nobody do shit for free especially THE WHITE MAN. So save all of that sponsor shit!

29. broski says:

S/o the real artist on the roster. Sly, Nikki, Gabz,Count, Cool Kids, Calliko, Halsted, GLC, and Juice

30. par says:

Broski=carona brone

31. q32 says:

Free Mick Luter

• Mick's homie says:

Yo what happened to Mick Luter? He got locked up? Don’t tell me that…. Man I went on here to talk some shit and seen your post. what happened?

32. Pig Dick Jones.. says:

Andrew are u really charging rappers 2 perform muthafucka? U fuckin bootleg ass lookin Jake Busey. Are u funding your looney ass daddy Gary coke habit? And Broski if I find out you’re lyin on Andrew kettle corn and sardines smellin ass, i’m gonna butt fuck your wife wit This Pig Dick Jones!!!!! Support da Chi – Or Abort da Chi.. Where da fuck is Mr. Lee at? First rapper from da Chi signed too Jive Records.

33. It’s baffling how something positive turns into something negative.

34. sampleking says:

you dumb ass new dudes in chicago that have never experienced anything outside of the city don’t know shit. if u knew anything everyone whos a artist has to pay there way and hotel down to events like sxsw or CmJ in nyc. contrary to your beliefs there are things you fools don’t know anything. SXSW is a INDIE MOVIE & MUSIC FEST. so that means mos independent artist can capitalize off showcasing there. the only people who make money there are huge artist. yall internet clowns stay late and always loosing.

35. Hip Hop 4 Life says:

Man who the fuck is dis pig dick jones clown? Glc for President

36. CHILLY says:

THIS SHIT IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SXSW EVENT. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PAY TO FLY DOWN TO TEXAS TO DO A SHOW WITH ALL CHICAGO ARTISTS AND PERFORM FOR ALL CHICAGO PEOPLE. YOU CAN DO THAT SHIT HERE IN CHICAGO CLOWNS. YOU CHICAGO NIGGAS ARE SUCKAS & AND PERFORMING FOR OTHER CHICAGO NIGGAS IS NOT GOING TO GET YOU NOWHERE BUT WHERE YOU BEEN. ONLY PEOPLE MAKING REAL NOISE IS COOL KIDS, HALSTED, LIL VIC, REALLY DOE AND ROCKIE. IF YOU PAYING FOR YOUR TICKET, ROOM AND NOT EVEN GETTING PAID TO PERFORM THEN YOU NIGGAS IS LOSING. AND TO THE IDIOT THAT SAID WIZ GOT ON BY SXSW, YOUR A DUMB ASS. HE BEEN HAD A BUZZ FOR BOUT FIVE YEARS NOW. STOP KIDDING YOURSELF. CHICAGO RAPPERS ARE #LOSING.

ALSO, THE FOLLOWING PLUG IS NOT RELATED TO THIS RAPPER OR HER CAMP. BUT CHECK OUT TEMPER THE FEMALE BEST RAPPER ALIVE. YOUTUBE.COM/TEMPER3009 & FACEBOOK/TEMPER3009 HER MIXTAPE RELEASE PARTY COMING UP AT THE VICTOR HOTEL IN 2 WEEKS.

• Andrew says:

Right, because as we’ve seen countless times and over the course of history, the best way to “make real noise” is by posting YouTube links (un-hyperlinked – at that) in the comments section of a blog. Everybody knows that’s the way to the top. Duh.

You’re right, Chilly. Why would anyone invest in themselves and spend $500-$1000 to go to one of the biggest music festivals in the world to potentially network and perform for industry execs, A&Rs, television networks like MTV, magazines and hip-hop’s top bloggers. What a waste that would be! How stupid! Save your money and comment in the FSD comments section…that’s where it’s at.

37. Papa Pollaka says:

Yo i am the freshest Pollish Prince in Da chi I will battle Neiman Marcash or Pork Face Jones. I am the Big Pun of Poliosh rap, spitttin Hot Pierogie fire at all you lame goofies

38. -_- says:

LMAO, bighomiedoe? really? lol

39. Eugene says:

Yeah bighomiedoe…..this is 1 of 4 showcases he’s in! When you get out and experience things outside of the crib, something happens called opportunities! SHOW & PROVE and stop worrying about the next man…..

40. [Drkr]IMG says:

This is a perfect example of the ignorance in rap music industry.. I’m so glad that making money off music is at it’s end. No one getting paid in the music biz anymore especially not raggity ass broke niggas from the hoods here in the chi .. Enjoy being broke rappers.. I bet y’all wish you got that GED back in the day huh? Suckas

41. [Drkr]IMG says:

Bump J one of the worst rappers I’ve ever heard.. I have no idea why all these cats on here ride his dick so hard.. Maybe cuz he had a record deal (that went no where).. & them other dudes you mention at the end.. No one checking for them. No one in chi listens them dudes.. No offense to them.. I don’t know any of them personally.. But as far as chi rap goes.. People still bump that old twista.. Trip dark.. Psychodrama.. Cap 1.. No one gives a shit about these “new” cats.. NO ONE will pay money foe their music. REAL TALK

42. Papa Pollaka says:

^^^^^^^^^^

Hey This is Papa Pollaka I would like to do a collabo with the beauty girl yung Lady Temper you are talking about. I have mad fresh warsaw styles, we can smoke a pcp blunt and then hit my studio. I am hosting an open mic tonight at the white eagle on pulaski stop by so we can politic ditto. My mother will the cook us potato latkes and serve us vodka. You can fuck my mother while I freestyle and video tape you with her. Peace to the real MC’s on dis

43. Shareeff says:

Seriously…you crabs in the barrel ass niggas. Cats can’t ever do something positive that makes sense to do? What’s wrong wit yall? CHICAGO!!! WAKE UP!! WE ARE DOING THIS FOR YALL AND CHICAGO HIPHOP!! We’ll never be able to grow as a city with everybody always pulling each other down… And yall wonder why niggas get on and leave…

44. Shareeff says:

And just for the record I’ve known SC for 15+ years…and thats my dude. So just to answer his question, the purpose of this event is to showcase Chicago’s talent to a larger audience that includes industry execs, and press/media from across the country and world. Maybe we shouldn’t try to do shit for the city, we’ll just get ridiculed anyway. Yall niggas should be ashamed of yourselves…

45. Shareeff says:

In term of this events SXSW affiliation, the only reason we decided against it is so EVERYONE can attend the event. With or WITHOUT a badge. Get it?? We’re doing it for everybody. Not just privlidged people that can actually afford SXSW weekend badges, but people that are just down there on the grind. The event is FREE for EVERYONE. So next year we’ll do it with SXSW and everyone will still hate cause they couldn’t get in without a badge. On top of the fact that it’s Free drinks this year?? Man…niggas can’t win for losing with these cats.

46. ——————————————————————————
    Babyface Monster-Chicago Hip-hop
    be a fan | http://Babyfacemonster.blogspot.com |

47. Church on the Move says:

Where is CHOSE!

48. SC is the best says:

^^^^^
    Run Big Homie you have talent!!…this nigga Gene is sending you off…He is a fan. Thatsis. it Thats all. Fucking wannabe ass Chicago lames…

49. SC is the best says:

Ive know Shareff and his gay ass twin for over 15 years myself and GET YO BIG BOOTY ass outta here!!..This shit is lame!..MTV aint checking for this son!…Waste of they income tax. Just so these self important non talents can say ” I was there”….The scene in Chicago is so fucking comical. THats why I cant represent you Goofs..and likeBrat, Common, Lupe, Kanye, Berg,..I had to Go…Not te Austin though!!…lmao

50. SC says:

im the real SC

51. APG says:

Good luck to everyone attending and performing.. I know you’ll make Chicago proud!

52. DG for Elephilms says:

y’all all sound mad you’re not on the showcase….nobody does official SXSW showcases….thats not whats poppin.

A lot of people on here talkin shit that have never been to SXSW, so you really just talkin.

I go every year, and the same shit happens every year. The guys who do it big at South By, that becomes there year.

Last year it was Wiz, Currensy, Big Krit, Kendrick Lamar, Yelawolf and Lil B….

I heard those guys had a pretty big year this year.

WE ARE DOING THIS FOR YALL!!! and you guys just can’t see that. Blind ass haters.

53. DG for Elephilms says:

Last year it was Wiz, Currensy, Big Krit, Kendrick Lamar, Yelawolf and Lil B….

I heard those guys had a pretty big year this year.

54. Do IT BIG CHICAGO!!! To bad a showcase like this wasn’t thrown here!
    The Cops would try 2 shut it down!! E2′s, Issac Hayes, Blue note… C’s Up!

55. Jseyf says:

Next Saturday while yall are at the shrine we will be partying in Austin Texas, Rocking shows, getting Texas pussy and getting drunk for free in some nice ass weather.

56. You should be Practicing them verses and rep right & stay humble!
    Oh I forgot you brand new rappers be lip singing over your own material!! on stage!!!
    C’s Up!!

57. TOTG says:

lineup is siiick…get it in idk why everybody got an opinion on what an artist can gain from doing a showcase like this but the real question is what the fuck can they really lose??? a few hunnid dollars that they woulda spent on clothes anyway?

58. Chicagoisweak ashell says:

Anderew……..Fuck yo couch nigga!

59. Blingstein says:

go FSD go!

dont be jealous- spend that energy improving your own situation and you wont have time to hate.

60. Nestle Crunch Bumps says:

On reason worth going to this is to see JUICE and why is Rasheed Hadee not in this line-up?
    Not trying to see a bunch of skinny jeans at a real hiphop event. hahahaha.