FSD Feature: Kane One’s Top 10 Chicago Graffiti Bombers

| April 17, 2012 | 20 Comments

Words by Kane One (@Kane_1)

If you’re even somewhat familiar with the local graffiti scene, then you know of Kane One. A staple in the streets and on the walls, Kane One has been an active graffiti artist in Chicago since 1989. With a graf career stretching over 20 years, he’s a member of the storied Def Con 5, Dirty Thirty, and Just 4 Fun crews.

But on top of being your average  graf writer, he also has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (2000) and a Masters of Art in Teaching (2011) from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He teaches the History of Graffiti at SAIC and will be curating a Chicago group graffiti/street art exhibit at the National Museum of Mexican Art in June 2013. This October, he will have a solo art exhibit at Modest Skate Shop.

With plenty of big projects on deck for the remainder of 2012 and beyond, it was only right that we caught up with Kane for his Top 10 Chicago Graffiti Bombers list. A thorough and in-depth look at Cook County’s finest — it’s off the wall

Disclaimer: All of these photos were found online, so no authorities should be coming with a search warrant.

*in alphabetical order*

[Click Below For Next Page]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Tags: ,

1. Griffen says:

This shit is dope.

Nuff said

2. komplex says:

Wow FSD where did you come up with this COMPLEX strategy?

3. Hadiesel says:

I appreciate this feature right here it’s def on point, figured Sivel and Temper would be at the top of the list. I took a pic of that same Sivel piece back in the day LOL Bel, Joke and Made U Look crew got up a lot too, and the list goes on of course

4. Art4Maaly says:

DARE Shoudl’ve Made The List RIP

5. meh says:

Respect to Kane and every one of these cats listed since theyve put in work but some of these niggas don’t even paint anymore and if they do it’s legal or freights…If it’s top 10 it should be about longevity and being an all around bomber…Temper..Fact..Sivel…Depte..Only dudes on this list that should be there.

6. Dope says:

My nigga ^ tweaking….Solid A+

7. JEZI says:

My Man FACT… this aint even as dope as the SPIRIT Billboard but they all RAW…. nuff respect due.
    PEACE
    JEZ
    JAM MASTA CRIZZL

8. PoETiKoNe says:

I remember the days back in the late 80′$ kicking it with old skool CMW – DTE – J4F – XMEN etc etc.. We ran the fucking redline… Anyways LONE deffin a good pick as well as SiVEL.. I remember wrecking the skokie yard on tha regular.. my dad used to work for Rust-Oleum which was based on oakton n McCormick.. fuckkng fun ass times..

POETIKONE – 5uK

• augie says:

Thats wassup. SIVEL bombed my dentist’s office!!!!! LOL. Just a nerdy freshman trying to figure out how that guy could be everywhere at once!

• MGJR says:

NOBODY BOMBED MORE THAN SIVEL & I J4F CCA WAR WAS A NIGHTMARE FOR CHICAGO LOL

• MGJR says:

YO KANE IM SORRY I HAD TO GIVE IT TO J4F SO BAD YALL HAD MORE THAN 30 HEADZ AND ANOTHER 50-60 WANNA BEES WE HAD 11 THEN 7 THEN 3 FUN FOR JAZ TWAZ RAINBOW COLORED LUNGZ KIDZ
        CONGRATS ON YOUR STUDIES & TEACHINGS GET UP WITH ME SON JAZMARTIN@GMAIL.COM THE REAL JAZ ONE CCA CREW BABY

9. JAZ ONE CCA CREW says:

WHATS UP WITH GIGS ? ? ?

10. J. Sorce says:

This is this man’s List Sounds like a Friends list but He sees it how he does(no need to trip on em). My crew was active in the 90′s & killed sh*t destroyed/ended a lot of crews(Crews mentioned here) We started chasing $ & Graff fell to the way side so me & my DAD Crew conglomerates Congrad Kane(on his feature) big-up Cats still active Shouts out to all my crews POR XMEN UAC TDT TJP

11. More says:

Jazz, this is More. Hit me up on facebook “mista moreskee.”

• MGJR says:

mofos searchign me looking me up on Google and shit thats crazy jack after almost 15 yrs that im ghost…Kest just hit me up….yes DARE RIP should of made the list KANE YOU ARE A CURATOR OF GRAFFITI AT THE ART INSTITUTE? WORD? IM TRYING TO DO AN EXCHANEG BETWEEN USA-BRAZIL SO WE ALL COULD CHILL