100 Great Chicago Rap Songs Of 2012

| December 5, 2012 | 26 Comments

11. Lil Reese “Haters”
Producer: Dibent
Album: N/A

Some say Reesie’s verse on “I Don’t Like” landed him his deal at Def Jam, but Reese’s track record in 2012 was solid, and by mid-year he had three of Chicago’s hottest records with “Us,” “Beef” and the critic favorite, “Haters.” Unfortunately Reese’s personal problems got in the way, and despite those blemishes and mishaps, Reesie had a huge year.

Over Dibent’s chopped up Kells sample, Reese attacks the track rather ferociously, with each line punching in at the right time. Some critics take shots at the GBE style of kicking five words per bar (or whatever), but Reese is masterful with it here. The delivery is excellent.

For whatever reason, “Haters” didn’t make the cut for his Don’t Like mixtape, but rumor has it they’re saving it for his Def Jam debut. Are they going to recruit R. Kelly to actually sign his part? I bet it’s in the cards. This one is a winner and it deserves more life than just an internet leak.

[Click Below For Next Page]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

1. drocitysnow says:

you gotta click 100 times to see the list huh?

2. Jay says:

Wheres Jaye and Ab-soul’s “gods”

3. KB says:

WEA SDOT AT YALL FUFU ASL -FAMOUSBALLOUT

4. Thirsty says:

You gotta be kidding me with this click-bait bullshit fam. At least give me the OPTION to view it as a list. I honestly thought this was a real nigga site and you over doing this shit. DISAPPOINTED AND DEF NOT READING THIS FUCKASS ARTICLE CUZ OF THIS.

5. LaTrice says:

Who in the hell came up with this list? You have a lot of unknown and don’t deserve to be up here songs and S.Dot songs not on here…A lie!!

6. BiggiesWarning says:

I gave up after 10 clicks. The energy wasted just clicking on this doesn’t rectify the amount of snoozers listed. If the top ten listed here is supposed to be the best we had to offer then Chicago had a pretty mediocre year.

7. KB says:

ANDREW YOU KNOW WHO SDOT IS YO GOOF ASS …!!!BRO SHIT GOT
    WAY MORE VIEWS & HE GOT WAY MORE WORK DEN HALF DESE CLOWNZ ON HERE. WHAT RESEARCH YOU WAS DOIN..

8. OHREALLY says:

100 clicks nooootttttt!

9. Phillinois says:

Can I get all the songs in one download link or something???

10. Trav Vigilante says:

C’mon man y’all made a bunch of mistakes da 1st 1 – 40 sum bullshit mufukas Neva heard of Whr da fuck M.I.C at?? Sumbody need to do dis shit over who really no about MUSIC

11. UGOTTABKIDDING says:

M.ROG/LILHAITIFOE DOING HIS THING.HE GOT HITZ.I GUESS U GOTTA BE IN THE CLIQUE HUH!!!!!!!

12. Davy Greenberg says:

man! Shout out to Tink! “Fingers Up” is the Jammy Jam. There’s gotta be a better browsing system tho…like, an arrow or something? :-/

13. 2cold says:

this list is azzzzzzzz…….. where is S.DOT

14. BlackSmoke says:

100 OF THE MOST TRASH BAG ASS RAPPERS CHICAGO HAS TO OFFER. I’m glad this coonery ass foolery hasn’t hit the airwaves cause it’s already saturated enough with this trash.

15. MyHonestOpinion says:

I must say, I spent a LONG time listening to all these artists to be on a fair note before commenting, but I must say, 80% of this list is hot garbage, just my opinion. I am 100% for indie artists but if you’re putting in that much time to make music, please come with a little more substance! Even if you’re rocking your party anthems or trapping out, you can still come with something a bit more well rounded and thought out. I’ve heard a shit load of amazing indie artists out of Chicago this year and I’m sad to see that literally two or three of them are on this list

16. PoPimp85 says:

I’m bias to begin with, because I grew up on CWAL and Chicago music of the same in the mid 90’s to early 2000’s. So, it’s immediately hard for me to enjoy most of this music, but there are some gems from time to time, so I give it a listen. But, this list, and 99.9% of the tracks on this list were garbage in my opinion. They pretty much all sound the same with no substance. I don’t know what happened to Chicago rap/hip hop, but I want it back.

17. Boogie says:

What a fuckin joke of a list. It should’ve been called “the latest ignorant chi-town ghetto bullshit” list. How can you listen to this trash?

18. Man I ain’t finna click that shit 100 times, but I will say Hip-Hop’s been riding Chicago’s dick a lot lately.

19. Yo! says:

Where Is Kenlo Key?! Tragedy Tha Beast?! Red Button And The ISO Gang?! Good Vocation?! Jamal Mar?!

20. Taji says:

Ahaa… if you think I’m gonna click 100 times for garbage? Pissed myself laffing You got another thing coming.

21. Murda Lane says:

Andrew you dont know shit about the chi..you fufu fam rns we dont fuck you Grade A Lame

22. If any of you rappers out there are looking for legitimate management that puts the artist first, check out the facebook page, SMEG is a starting recording label that is destined for the top. Run by a pre-law student, SMEG provides elite management and representation for anyone looking to sign a deal https://www.facebook.com/SMEntGroup

• Ricky Dicky says:

Sounds interesting i hope this label makes it far its this kid from Chicago that goes by the name of pharoah he doesn’t have much publicity but is one of the most lyrical and talented artist iv’e heard from chicago yet i really think he’s going to be one of the greats i slipped up on some of his music on YouTube would you like me to send a link ?

23. Avi Tetra says:

Sativa or Indica???? ***KUSH KUSH KUSH*** , Maui , Purple , Candyland , Afghan , Sour OG 818 Headband etc

24. S.Dot Fan says:

So no S.dot? SMH weak ass list.